Fight for Vaping in Australia!
let's first clarify the two main differences between vaping and smoking:
- Firstly, vaping produces vapour. Unlike the traditional cigarette, we are not inhaling the smoke and chemicals from burning it. With vaping, no burning is taking place.
- E-liquids contain 4 ingredients: Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG), Flavour and Nicotine*.
*Almost all ejuices have the option of no nicotine. Or you can select the level of nicotine according to your preference.
Tobacco Cigarettes contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. This includes nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.
In the US, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and in the EU, vapourisers are helping millions of people to stop smoking and improve their health.
But in Australia, for these life saving devices there is are chance that they may be banned from sale. This is unacceptable - and is putting hundreds of thousands of lives at risk.
Make a submission & tell your politician to legalise vaping now!
What can we do?
- The NNA is a not for profit organisation working towards improving public health through a greater understanding of risk-reduced nicotine products and their uses. Go to http://www.nnalliance.org.au/ and sign-up as a supporter.
- Obtain the latest news and studies from https://notsmoking.org.au and share how the vape products are a safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes.
- Join the Vapers vs Policy group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/966854160097604/ and keep up to date.
- Help educate people around you about the benefits of vaping
- Debunk vaping myths without getting overly agressive - it puts people off and doesn't help our cause!